COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY BUYING, BUT WE ARE ACCEPTING DONATIONS. TO ARRANGE A PORCH PICKUP, PLEASE EMAIL ROCKETREUSE@GMAIL.COM. YOU CAN ALSO DROP THEM OFF AT THE STORE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11:30AM-6PM DAILY. THANK YOU!!
When do you buy?
We have a drop-off system, so you are welcome to bring your items by any time during our business hours. We will contact you with your offer by the next day.
What do you buy?
- Quality used books in nearly every subject area, including current textbooks
- CDs and DVDs that are free of scratches and in their original packaging
- Vinyl records in good condition (LPs and 45s)
- Vintage clothing and accessories from the 1980s and earlier
- Board games and puzzles
- Video games (also must be free of scratches and in original packaging)
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes
What don't you buy?
- Encyclopedia sets
- Romance novels
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Books that are out of date (older computer, travel, diet, business books, etc.)
- Older best sellers (the market is inundated with copies)
- Collectible books
- Books with water damage, broken binding, or excessive highlighting/writing
- Home recorded VHS or cassette tapes
- Burned CDs and DVDs
- Video game accessories
- Home goods and tchotchkes
How much do you pay per book, DVD, CD, LP, etc.?
There is no set rate for what we pay; it is based on supply and demand. We pay aggressively for the best stuff. If we are overstocked in an area or know that it isn’t a good seller, we won’t be able to offer as much.
Do you pay in cash or in trade?
We offer both and let you choose. Trade is always double the cash offer.
What is the maximum amount of stuff I can bring at one time?
We request that you limit your drop-off to 4 boxes at a time. We are willing to make exceptions for certain items, so please call in advance if you have more.
Do you accept donations?
We graciously accept donations of items that we sell in the store. Unfortunately, we cannot take items that are listed in the “what we don’t buy” section.
What do you need right now?
DVDs, vinyl, video games, children's picture books, and young adult books! We are also always happy to get vintage clothing & accessories, CDs, and what we call “display books” - the books you’ll find out on the cart or on display inside the store. History books, gorgeous coffee table books, new fiction and non-fiction, and comics/graphic novels tend to do well for us.
We encourage you to give us a call to check if we are overstocked in a particular department before bringing your items in to sell: 510-337-0750.